At Sentry, our business is built on a foundation of solid relationships. That’s why we take the relationships we have with brokers seriously. As one of America’s largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies, we provide a full range of insurance products to a wide range of businesses. Large companies like your clients get specialized attention from our regional territory executives.
What we offer and who we serve
Large business customers like working with Sentry because we offer products built especially for them. From business auto insurance to general liability insurance to workers’ compensation, our innovative coverage options are designed to fit their companies’ needs. And our deep safety services resources, along with our online easy-to-use website provides solutions to fit their unique needs.
We’ve found success by specializing in specific industries. We offer coverages and services to a broad range of large account classes, including:
- Service industries
- Food processing and distribution
- Restaurant groups
- Hospital/health care
- Others reviewed on an individual basis
We’ve grown and expanded from our early beginnings in 1904 protecting Wisconsin retail hardware stores. But one thing that hasn’t changed is our personalized care, and attention to detail. We’ve grown to become one of the largest and most financially secure mutual insurance companies in the nation, backed by an A+ (Superior) rating* from A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
We help you help your clients
In addition to providing the service and coverage options your clients want, we support you as you work with your clients.
- No agency appointment necessary: We don’t require an agency appointment before accepting each submission and providing a quote. We also don’t require a minimum number of submissions or premium threshold.
- Flexible commission options: We can structure our quotes to include a commission load or not—it’s up to you. Alternately, we can quote net of any commissions if you work on a fee basis. In short, our billing practices are transparent so there are no surprises.
- Value added services: We provide more than just insurance coverage. Our customers benefit from additional programs and services, such as workers’ compensation cost-containment and safety services resources.
- Access to top-level decision makers: Our senior management understands the broker perspective and will be there to support your work.
- Nimble and centralized operations: Our sales and underwriting specialists communicate to make sure your submissions are reviewed and quoted as quickly as possible. Our team is also available for face-to-face negotiations. And all billing, rating, audit, and client advisory personnel are in-house.
Our dedicated service team approach builds meaningful relationships
When your clients insure with us, they—and you—work with a specific team of experienced professionals. This means you and your client will know the people answering your phone calls and administering your policy.
Working with a designated service team provides you with the following practical benefits:
- Ongoing, transparent communication
- Rapid response to developing issues
- Proper interpretation of your company’s business perspective
- Sustained understanding of ongoing situations
- Long-term accountability
Would you like to work with us? Contact a regional territory executive.